The team comprises two part-time employees, Julie Peters and Renita Bhavnani, who between them work 6 days per week (Mon-Fri with one day overlap, normally on a Thursday).
We were originally set up by British Airways, however we are now part of BA Clubs and located at the Concorde Club in Cranford. We can be contacted between 10.00 – 15.00, Monday to Friday (see Contact Us on the home page). Prior to being rebranded as BA Touchdown Team we were known as Retirement Support, and prior to that Retired Employee services. Historically our role has been to look after the interests of the Company’s retired staff group however more recently our remit was widened to cover all former employees.
Our role, in a nutshell, is to maintain and support the link between British Airways and its former staff by:
- representing the interests of former employees corporately
- authorising former staff ID cards, travel letters and parking
- providing help-line advice and support for former staff
- communicating with former staff to keep them informed
- administering the BA Welfare and Benevolent Trust Fund
Although we are not a Staff Travel department and cannot access the staff travel reservation system or help with booking problems and travel advice, if you are unable to contact Staff Travel we may be able to offer procedural advice or assist with queries regarding nominations and other aspects of your personal staff travel data.