We have gathered on this page some travel related information and information on or links to other websites that may be helpful to you in making your staff travel arrangements. Please note neither BA Clubs nor British Airways accept responsibility for information provided by external groups:
Stop Press Announcements
- Staff travel (standby, annual concessions, duty) will NOT be embargoed.
- A380 flights to/from Frankfurt will be capped to either a 767 or A320 configuration to allow for standby aircraft coverage. This means we will not selling the A380 to its full seating capacity. We will not be accepting passengers above the capped configuration of the aircraft.
- 787 flights to/from Stockholm will be operated to full capacity.
- Staff should list on flights as per the normal booking process using staff travel online, and follow normal staff travel procedures at the airport.
- If the number of staff listing for these flights becomes too large, putting pressure on our airport teams, we may restrict the number of staff who can list. This will be kept under review.
- Jumpseats (cabin or flight deck) will NOT be available for any staff member, including crew.
- All other flights to/from Frankfurt and Stockholm will operate with normal staff travel rules applied.
Travelling on an annual concession from Terminal 5, LHR (Jan 2013) – Passengers travelling on an annual bookable concession who are not allocated a seat at the time of check-in should go to the ESS Flight management desk A6 – Zone A on the main concourse in Terminal 5 and not the Staff Travel area via Door A. This applies to both booked and firm waitlist passengers.Only standby passengers using basic or premium standby concessions should go to the Staff Travel area if not allocated a seat at check-in.
Staff Travel Guide for Former Staff
To view the Former Staff Travel guide click here
Cargo Concessions for Former Staff
To view information on Former staff cargo concessions click here
For staff discounts on hotels, car hire, airport parking and days out see the NEWS/Offers page of this website
Two former Pensioner Contacts, who have a great deal of experience helping former staff with staff travel issues, have created the BAFSTA (BA Former Staff Travel Advice) group.
Their mission is to remove the Misunderstandings, Mysteries and Myths of the Staff Travel Policy and to help members make the best use of their concessions.
They have created a reference library of guides and travel tips which are regularly updated.
The guides use existing information and are written to make the information easier to understand. The guides are checked for accuracy by a former Staff Travel manager.
Members have contributed by submitting their experiences of traveling to various parts of the world, which you may also choose to visit, and giving feedback on the use of companies offering special rates for former airline staff.
Membership is available to former staff and their surviving nominees who remain eligible for staff travel concessions.
To join BAFSTA, write to BAFSTA.firstname.lastname@example.org providing your staff no, length of service, date of leaving and how your learned about BAFSTA.